Friday, April 25, 2008

World Malaria Day



Today is World Malaria day. I have mentioned this on my adoption blog, but it really has nothing to do with adoption for me. It is a problem that is preventable and treatable. Just wanting to bring some attention to the issue.
I know that for me to live the life that I am meant to, it has to do with advocacy. Not just for the issues in the country I live, and the country I will adopt from. I know I am a bleeding heart. But I am figuring out that is my calling, To be a bleeding heart and to bring awareness to those who otherwise wouldn't.

This link from the Canadian Red Cross, and it explains and shows the problem better than I can write a blog post about it. Please check out the longish clip about net distribution in Sierra Leone.

No comments: