Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Progress at the Soccer Field


I haven't mentioned that I am the soccer coach for ML's under 4 soccer team. It is truly hilarious, and a lot like herding cats. It has been so much fun, I hope to be able to do this for a few more years. I guess we will see how much ML likes soccer, and even more, how much she likes having me as her coach!!

This past weekend was the soccer mini fest and run-a-rama. Pure fun!! There was a too early soccer game ( 8:30am!!) then a skills competition (yes that right for 3 & 4 year olds) then a run around the soccer fields to raise money, all topped off with a hot dog and chips! Fun truly was had by all.
The progress comes from the fact that ML's father was in attendance. This weekend was his, and since she had this soccer extravaganza, I invited him to watch. Was he late? Yes. Did he miss the whole soccer game? Yes. Did we actually get along? Yes. This was hard. Especially when he missed her game, after he promised her he would be there to watch. I did it for ML. I did tell him not to make promises that he couldnt keep, and I hope he does take that to heart. Only time will tell.
So see, progress has been made. I spent 2 hours with ML and her father. We didnt fight.
Someone commented on what a lovely family we were.... that was hard. I just smiled and said "thanks".

No comments: