Friday, July 13, 2007

Pity Party, table for one...

I have been really struggling with the "Single Life" as of late. And it all stems from that proposal I received, way back in March. You see, that gentleman again, has professed his love, and I have again, turned him down. I have always believed that I would never "settle". You know, get married or be in a relationship with someone just to avoid being alone. I never wanted to accept a man/husband/boyfriend just because he was the best I could do. I wanted to love and be loved. Gawd that sounds so cliché. Now the gentleman I refer to is a very kind man, but he is not for me. I do not love him. But I cannot stop thinking, I get why people settle. They are afraid that it is as good as it gets. I am now so afraid.

It doesn't help that I have been looking at online dating profiles again. I hate actually admitting that. The last two men I have dated I have found from online dating sites, and they were both good guys, not for me, but good guys. But honestly, it is hard to read what men are "looking" for, and if you are in the pity party state of mind, DON'T DO IT!! It just messes with your head!!

No comments: